A very famous Greek dessert is the Greek Yogurt with Honey and nuts. I have created a variation of this recipe and I also include apples and some spices. This is ideal for the spring, when the weather starts to get warmer and warmer but it is also great for summer! Let us see the recipe for four portions.
- 500 gr Greek Yogurt (preferably strained)
- 2 big red apples
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 100 gr nuts (pistachio nuts without the shells and walnuts, both well chopped)
- About 4 tablespoons of mint and basil chopped (2 tablespoons of each)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Take a bowl and add the yogurt along with the turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of mint, 1 tablespoon of basil and a pinch of salt. Also, add 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Mix them well.
- Take the apples and cut them. Also, remove the core.
- Slice them into thin slices of about 0.5 cm.
- Take four small serving bowls and divide the yogurt mixture between them.
- Divide the amount of the sliced apples into four servings and add each serving to a serving bowl.
- Take the remaining honey and drizzle it on top of the bowl. This is used mainly for decorative purposes. Take the finely chopped nut and the rest of the spices and also add them on top of the serving bowls.
- It is better to make this dessert just a few minutes before you need to serve it to your guests.
- Preferably do not maintain it in the refrigerator for more than half a day since the yogurt with the honey can go bad.
- This dessert is perfectly combined with Greek Raki or tsipouro.